The Google Scholar resource ranks the top journals and conferences using a fully automated h-index score. The h-index is named after Jorge Hirsch, a physicist at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD), who proposed the index to determine theoretical physicists’ relative quality. It is sometimes called the Hirsch index. According to Wikipedia, the h index measures “both the productivity and citation impact of the publications of a scientist or scholar. The index is based on the set of the scientist’s most cited papers and the number of citations that they have received in other publications. The index can also be applied to the productivity and impact of a scholarly journal” (as is the case here).
Searching the Google Scholar site for Deep Learning resources returned the following list of the top 15 journals and conferences (the number to the right of each entry is the resource’s h5-index). For comparison, Nature, the top-rated journal in the sciences, has an h5-index rating of 366.
The #1 Deep Learning resource in this list is the International Conference on Deep Learning, which takes place next month (Jul 10-15, 2018) in Stockholm, Sweden.
The #2 resource is the arXiv Machine Learning (stat.ML) archive of pre-press journal papers, hosted by the Cornell University Library. This is an excellent collection of scholarly papers on topics related to machine learning.
The full list of Google Scholar’s top-15 resources follows:
1. International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML) – 91
2. arXiv Machine Learning (stat.ML) – 76
3. The Journal of Machine Learning Research – 73
4. Machine Learning – 37
5. European Conference on Machine Learning and Knowledge Discovery in Databases – 31
6. International Journal of Machine Learning and Cybernetics – 23
7. IEEE International Workshop on Machine Learning for Signal Processing – 19
8. International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications – 18
9. International Journal of Machine Learning and Computing – 16
10. International Workshop on Machine Learning in Medical Imaging – 12
11. Machine Learning and Data Mining in Pattern Recognition (MLDM) – 11
12. International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics – 10
13. Asian Conference on Machine Learning – 10
14. Artificial Intelligent Systems and Machine Learning – 5
15. Transactions on Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence – 5